Application engineer -Offshore wind power
Besides multidisciplinary innovation projects the OWI-Lab also make a unique testing and measuring infrastructure available to facilitate current projects with data and insights. In the port of Antwerp, the home base of OWI-Lab, a unique climate chamber was set up to test components of wind turbines or other machines with very large dimensions in extreme temperatures and climatological conditions.
The behavious and impact of the offshore environment on materials, structures and corrosion, new developments in terms of mechatronics, IOT and remote monitoring, offshore operations & maintenance optimisation, as well as increasing the reliability of components are just a few snapshots from our portfolio.
This market is in full development and constant innovation is necessary. You can also be a part of this adventure to help us build a sustainable society.
You are responsible for taking a technological lead in new and ongoing projects aimed at improving operations and maintenance in offshore wind farms. In this context you follow up company ideas or initiate your own proposals which may contribute to this. The development of concept studies to practical implementation in cooperation with the knowledge partners or expert colleagues involved is part of your task package.
You carry out test and measurement campaigns in collaboration with other test & measurement engineers. In doing so you focus on the interpretation of measurement data and insights linked to dynamics, reliability, longevity, etc.
You focus on projects that are linked to supporting ‘decision support’ and ‘operations & maintenance’ based on the understanding of the application such as offshore wind turbines, cables, foundations and offshore voltage stations. In collaboration with experts from the field, such as ICT, data innovation, materials and mechatronics, you help companies in the offshore sector to innovate.
- You are an engineer and you have a master's degree in electromechanics or equivalent.
- You should preferably have 2-5 years of experience in the (offshore) wind energy sector.
- You have excellent command of Dutch and English, other languages such as German and/or French are an advantage.
- You have a pragmatic and practical attitude, have excellent technical insight and love to be involved from time to time in both the ‘field operations’ and technical and commercial support of projects.
- You are prepared to act as an expert during offshore R&D measurements, test campaign or R&D projects and are therefore willing to be occasionally involved in the fieldwork at sea.
- You finish what you started and have an eye for detail
- You combine technical insight with customer focus.
- You are a team player who likes to learn.
- You are creative and eager to translate innovations into practice.
- You are prepared to travel regularly, home and abroad.
- The following knowledge is an added value in our team:
- Vibration analysis, dynamics analysis and interpretation of measurement data (e.g. based on experience in the automotive or aerospace industry)
- Data acquisition systems and sensors
- Experience at sea is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
Working at Sirris/OWI-Lab means working on top projects in a challenging, adventurous and innovative environment with large international companies as well as SMEs and startups. You build up experience with advanced and innovative techniques and state-of-the-art technology. You put technological innovation into practice!
Sirris offers you a flexible working environment, where attention is paid to your personal development. We also provide an attractive remuneration package in accordance with your position and experience.
Are you interested in this challenge at Sirris? Please do not hesitate and send your CV to email@example.com stating' OWI-Lab'.
Contact to be mentioned for this position: Pieter Jan Jordaens.